Little Sun Solar Lamp is the brainchild of artist Olafur Eliasson, designed to bring green, affordable light to the world’s 1.1 billion poorest people.
Visitors to the Tate Modern on London’s glittering bankside may remember ‘the Weather Project’, which turned the vast turbine hall into a misty dreamscape dominated by a ginormous yellow sun.
Why do we mention it? Well, the artist behind the Weather Project, Olafur Eliasson has now teamed up with engineer Frederik Ottesen to create Little Sun Solar Lamp. Small, portable and powered entirely by the sun this indoor/outdoor solar light has been designed to bring light to children and families in the poorest regions of the world. And we get to help! Because every Little Sun Solar Lamp sold here in the UK, funds the effort to distribute them to those areas most in need.
This portable solar lamp is delightfully simple to use. Just leave it in the sun for 5 hours to fully charge the internal battery. This’ll give you over 50 hours of light at its lowest setting, or 4 hours at the very highest. Which is more than enough to read a bedtime story, barbecue in the dark, or provide a little mood lighting around the garden – while you bask in the glow of a good deed done.
Complete with lanyard and accompanying story booklet, Little Sun Solar Lamp is a robust and fun torch for all ages – and it’s pretty awesome for festivals and camping trips too.
- High quality, portable, solar-powered light
- Created by artist Olafur Eliasson
- Charging time in the sun: 5 hours
- Provides 50 hours of light at the dimmest setting, 4 hours at the brightest
- Battery lifespan: 5 years if used daily
- Extremely robust and durable: perfect for outdoor activities and playtime
- ROHS and ISO-certified certified
- Includes a lanyard and story booklet
- Ideal as a nightlight
- Suitable for camping, festivals, or use in the garden
- Battery: AA LiFePO4, 3.2V rechargeable battery with 500 mAh
- Measures 12cm Dia. x 2.9cm (4.72" x 1.14")
- Body made from recyclable ABS
- 60mm x 60mm monocrystalline solar panel made from highly efficient SunPower solar cells
- LED colour: 4500K (slightly yellow)
- Measures approximately 12cm x 2.9cm
- Weighs approximately 96g (3.38 oz)
You Might Also Like
Delivery and Woldwide ShippingUK
|Standard Delivery||3-5 days||£3.99|
|Express Delivery||1-2 days||£4.99|
|Next Day Delivery
(Excluding Saturday. Order before 1pm)
(Order before 1pm Friday)
|0.0kg - 0.1kg||£3.99
|0.11kg - 0.3kg||£4.99
|0.31kg - 0.5kg||£5.99
|0.51kg - 0.7kg||£6.99
|0.71kg - 1.0kg||£8.99
|1.0kg - 1.5kg||£11.99
|1.51kg - 2.0kg||£17.99
Europe: 5-10 days
Rest of World: 7-14 days
Economy Shipping is sent via an untracked service. If you wish to track your order, please select the Registered Shipping service.
All orders are shipped from our headquarters in the UK. You will therefore be responsible for any import duties which may be applied to orders shipped outside the EU.