SmartHalo is the simple, elegant circle of light on your cycle’s handlebars, giving you GPS navigation and a whole host of awesome features as you ride, turning your bike into a smart bike.
What are your top three reasons for not cycling more? Unpredictable motorists? Fear of getting lost? Worried you’re not fit enough? Concern about bike thieves?
Well, we can’t do much about idiot drivers, but for everything else there’s SmartHalo. Fixed to your bike’s handlebars like Dwayne Johnson’s wristwatch, this smart bike accessory acts as your navigator, personal assistant, fitness instructor and security guard in one.
GPS navigation for bikes is nothing new, but SmartHalo’s gorgeous interface certainly is. 25 high-intensity, RGB LEDs line the circumference of the gloss black gadget, giving you all the visual feedback you’ll need as you’re cycling. Forget maps and virtual dashboards, this elegant circle of light gives you clear, turn-by-turn or as-the-crow-flies directions; alerts you to incoming calls and texts; and even glows red to deter thieves.
Fixed with anti-theft bolts to your handlebars, this smart compass is designed to weather even the toughest road conditions, and go off like a claxon if anyone tries to move your bike. SmartHalo even boasts a pair of ultra-bright LEDs on the front that’ll switch on automatically as it gets dark.
So far so sexy. But what does SmartHalo actually do?
Pairing via Bluetooth to the smartphone in your pocket or bag, SmartHalo automatically logs your activity as you ride – including your traveling time, distance, average speed, elevation and more. Before you set off, use the app to plot your route and allow SmartHalo’s simple ring of lights to direct you. Receive a text or phone call and SmartHalo glows white, so you can pull over and respond. Once it recognises your smartphone, this clever gadget will even switch itself on as you approach, and off as you walk away – maximising the battery life and earning you serious cool points.
Once you’re out of the saddle, the smartphone app has a tonne of other features to explore too. Not only can you plot routes, check the weather and remember where you parked, you can set fitness goals and see how many calories you’ve burned. Share your results online, or map your improvement with each ride. With SmartHalo attached to your handlebars, suddenly any journey is possible, and every one of them is rewarding.
- Multifunction, Bluetooth smart device for your bike
- Turn-by-turn or 'as the crow flies' navigation - functions as a bicycle compass
- Tamperproof anti-theft alarm
- Call and SMS notifications
- Automatic, ultra-bright twin LED night light
- High intensity LED interface
- Easy-to-use smartphone app:
- Automatic activity tracker: time, distance, average speed, elevation, calories, fitness goals
- Bike locator
- Weather alerts
- 100% water, dirt and snow-proof
- Affixes to standard 22.3mm, 25.4 mm or 31.8mm (D) handlebars
- Interface: 25 high-intensity RGB LEDs
- Input: Single input touch interface
- Compatible with:
- iPhone 4S and up, iOS 8 and up
- Android phones equipped with BLE, Android 4.4 and up
- Battery: 3.7 V 2000 mAh Li-Polymer battery
- Battery life: 3 weeks with normal usage
- Communication: Bluetooth Smart / ANT+
- Sensors: 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis magnetometer/li>
- SmartHalo height (SmartHalo): 26.5mm
- SmartHalo height with handlebar clips: 79 - 87mm
- Width: 96.5 mm
- Depth: 66.5 mm
You Might Also Like
Delivery and Woldwide Shipping
Europe: 5-10 days
Rest of World: 7-14 days
Economy Shipping is sent via an untracked service. If you wish to track your order, please select the Registered Shipping service.
All orders are shipped from our headquarters in the UK. You will therefore be responsible for any import duties which may be applied to orders shipped outside the EU.